Careers at WestEdge Credit Union
Member Service Representative / Teller
Posted: July 23, 2019
WestEdge Credit Union is seeking a Member Service Representative (MSR) to join our team in Bellingham, WA (James and Alabama St.). The MSR is responsible for performing a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy while delivering superior member service.
- Greet and welcome members and guests to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive, prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Count, check, and package coins and currency.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer system.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union products or policies.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area.
- Build relationships with members to uncover the best credit union services such as debit cards, credit cards, online banking, or other promotional products to meet their financial needs.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are dedicated to meet and exceed members’ needs.
- Portray enthusiasm, confidence and a level of professionalism in all member, community, and co-worker interactions.
- Clearly, concisely and effectively communicate with individuals or in group settings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Have strong computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have a genuine desire to learn and grow in a team setting.
A competitive candidate will possess:
- Familiarity with banking through education or experience
- Exemplary service and sales skills
- History of outstanding team work
- Spanish speaking is preferred
Benefits: We offer more than a paycheck
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefit plans
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Fun and rewarding work environment
About WestEdge Credit Union:
WestEdge Credit Union is a local, member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution with over 4,000 members and has been a part of the Bellingham community since 1952. WestEdge offers a full line of products and services to help our members succeed financially - including banking, loans, credit cards, and mortgages. We stand for service. As a credit union, our goal is to provide peace of mind to our membership, employees and the communities we serve. If you have a fundamental desire to do well and to make a positive impact in our community, WestEdge Credit Union wants you!