EMV Chip-Enabled Credit and Debit Cards
Your card has new chip technology and a new design
IN A TINY CHIP
WestEdge is upgrading your credit and debit card with new smart technology! WestEdge debit and credit cards will now be equipped with EMV Technology, an embedded chip, making your purchases more secure when used at chip-activated terminals.
This tiny chip protects you from fraud by creating a one-time use code for each chip transaction. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud. Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card instead and follow the prompts. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence worldwide, wherever Visa is accepted.
BENEFITS OF EMV CHIP TECHNOLOGY:
- Your new card includes the latest chip technology which provides an added layer of security and greater protection against fraud for purchases made at chip-enabled terminals.
- Information programmed into the chip is personalized for your account and each transaction is unique, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to counterfeit or copy your card.
- EMV chip technology is a global standard already used in many countries, making traveling easier and more convenient with its wide acceptance.
- Most merchants in other countries use chip-enabled terminals that work with your new card.
- Your card continues to have the traditional magnetic stripe on the back, allowing you to use it at merchant locations without chip-enabled terminals.
HOW TO USE CHIP CARD:
Learn more about the new technology, how it works and other FAQs by visiting VisaChip.com »
GOOD TO KNOW:
- All Visa credit cards and debit cards issued by WestEdge now include EMV microchips and a new design.
- Nothing has changed for transactions made online or by telephone. You will make transactions just as you do today.
When will I get my EMV chip card?
- If you already have a WestEdge credit card, we'll automatically replace it with a new chip card when your current card expires (at natural re-issue). If you would like a chip card sooner than your natural re-issue date, just request a new card now by calling us at (360) 734-5790.
- If you already have a WestEdge debit card, we'll automatically replace it with a new chip card the month of your current expiration date. For example, if your current expiration date is 11/16 (Nov 30, 2016) or 11/17 (Nov 30, 2017), then you will receive your new chip card in the month of November 2016. If you would like a chip card sooner, just request a new card now by calling us at (360) 734-5790.
WestEdge is very excited to bring this world standard technology to our members. Your privacy and the security of your information are among our highest priorities. If you have any questions or concerns about this new technology, please feel free to give us a call at (360) 734-5790.
Contact a Member Services Representative at (360) 734-5790 for more information
Don't have a WestEdge credit card? Check out the great benefits our credit cards offer »