Your card has new chip technology and a new design
BIG PROTECTION IN A TINY CHIP
WestEdge debit and credit cards are equipped with EMV Technology, an embedded chip, making your purchases more secure when used at chip-activated terminals.
This tiny chip protects you from fraud by creating a one-time use code for each chip transaction. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud. Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card instead and follow the prompts. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence worldwide, wherever Visa is accepted.
BENEFITS OF EMV CHIP TECHNOLOGY:
- Your new card includes the latest chip technology which provides an added layer of security and greater protection against fraud for purchases made at chip-enabled terminals.
- Information programmed into the chip is personalized for your account and each transaction is unique, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to counterfeit or copy your card.
- EMV chip technology is a global standard already used in many countries, making traveling easier and more convenient with its wide acceptance.
- Most merchants in other countries use chip-enabled terminals that work with your new card.
- Your card continues to have the traditional magnetic stripe on the back, allowing you to use it at merchant locations without chip-enabled terminals.
HOW TO USE CHIP CARD:
Learn more about the new technology, how it works and other FAQs by visiting VisaChip.com »
Contact a Member Services Representative at (360) 734-5790 for more information
Don't have a WestEdge credit card? Check out the great benefits our credit cards offer »